Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Football Season is Finally Here!!

Minus the increasingly cold weather, college football season is one of my favorite times of the year.  My true passion is The Ohio State University and our football team is no exception.  Although we have had a rough pre-season, our team is a strong one and our fans even stronger (and a bit crazy).  Two of my favorite memories include seeing the 2002 Ohio State vs Michigan game with my brother.  It was truly a magical day.  My next was last year's sugar bowl in New Orleans (again with Peter) as we watched OSU take on Arkansas for their first SEC win in many many years.  Unfortunately that win was dismissed due to some big headed players from our previous year, but it was still a great weekend.

Every year,  I help run the raffle at The Rhino for one of our Ohio State Gamewatches. All of our proceed go to ourOSU DC Alumni Association Scholarship Fund for local kids going to OSU next year.  I am usually able to raise between 150-200 dollars a game.  This weekend, I was able to raise a whopping $217.00.  Pretty great for a pre season game. 

Danny and I at the gamewatch.  Danny rooted for Akron... a long story...
Mike Skeele and I
Adam and I- his hat and my glasses were the best Accessories of the day! 

The game was great- we won 42 - 0 and look forward to our season! 

Go Bucks!

xoxo,
Jza Jza

No comments:

Post a Comment