Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, August 27, 2012

Finally feel like a bride!

We have had a pretty long engagement, but then again, we dated for over five years before getting to that point... Even so, I haven't really felt like a bride yet- it hasn't really felt "real" quite yet. I have all, I mean all of the magazines, books, Pinterest boards, wedding notebooks, binders, etc and just this past weekend it started to sink in.

I went back to Ohio to cram in three months of wedding planning, a few visits to my sick grandparents and nine holes of golf into two days- not an easy task. Optimistically, I headed to the airport- timeline made down to the hour increments, google map directions printed, contact numbers listed- all organized in the order in which I would need them. I get to the airport and I am delayed...it's okay- I am delayed all the time- then I was delayed again- four times until I finally left three hours late- making me unavailable to check off the first thing on my list- visit Mimi in the hospital. Type B Jacqueline (she is in there- deep down) told myself to calm down, we could see Mimi and Poppy tomorrow. (she just had a hip replacement and he ran over himself with his own truck for the second time...a whole other story in itself).

I had dinner with my parents at an old Dayton haunt- old hickory BBQ and I was ready to start fresh in the morning.We woke up and I went for a quicky jog- starting my day right!  We then headed over to see Mimi at Kettering Hospital where she looked great and was staying in a nicer room than my apartment!  Then we continued on- starting with my hair trial at Square One (looks amazing btw) and headed to The Flower Factory to get some ribbon for the aisles and frame holders, on our way back to Oakwood we got my mom's mother of the bride dress- she looks seriously incredible- super beautiful!  We  ran back to get lunch for my dad and ran into a floral design shop to get some inspiration.  That was all between 7 AM and 1 PM.  Starting to feel tired, but good!

We headed back to our house and I called to confirm our appointment with the alteration lady and she had to cancel- not happy since the real purpose of this trip was to get that done.  It's okay- we are heading down to Cincinnati anyway and will have a great night.  I instead crammed in a stop at The Little Exchange to register, a quaint place in Oakwood where all the proceeds go to charity.

I planned on taking my parents down to Cincy to see Jim Gaffigan- a favorite comedian of mine and dinner at Nada- on our way out, I realized I lost the tickets!  After looking for fifteen minutes, already running late, we had to just go.  Traffic hindered us and we were 30 minutes late to dinner.  I quickly ordered, ran to the theater, reprinted my tickets and headed back to dinner with parents.  Just in time for my meal to come and to suck down two margaritas- YUM!  We headed over to see Jim Gaffigan- so fun and he is so funny- we had a great time. A really exhausting but great day.

At Jiim Gaffigan
 
No rest for the wicked, as Danny would say.  I woke up again to see Mimi and then caught a quick jog.  We grabbed some coffee and headed over to Prime Time to see some table settings.  After taking a few samples and observing, we were a little behind schedule.  My mom and I ran down to Oregon district to grab some lunch and my patience was running out and I was getting seriously low on energy.  We popped over to the florist to see Elizabeth, who we LOVE LOVE LOVE and she made us feel really good about our vision.  We stopped by the Crowne Plaza to check out the guest rooms and finally met Lisa at the Schuster Center to see a set up there and discuss our upcoming trip and tastings in November.

Options for linens

Bringing the garden inside

Floral options

Setting up another wedding at the Schuster

Can't wait to walk down those stairs

That night I was able to see my bestie, Maria, for a few hours- lots of champagne and catching up on the porch was a great way to end my busy day.

Sunday morning, I drove out to pick up my cousin and bridesmaid, Bridget and headed to Michael's.  Of course, i forgot the coupons and we had to run back to my parents house first- but it all worked out.  We got 300 dollars worth of merchandise for 175 dollars and thanks to an amazing gift card that my girlfriend, Elizabeth, gave me- it was freaking free!  Success!!  I dropped her back off to her hilarious hubby and his cousin- doing tequila shots and yard work to get over their hangover from the night before and drove back to throw on golf gear to catch 9 holes.

After having a good last few holes at CCN, we headed over for one last visit to see Mimi and Poppy (and my Aunt Tracy) and finally headed home.  My flight was again delayed, but I didn't mind- gave me a few more minutes to relax and eat dinner and head to the airport.

My dad

My dad coaching my mom

I'm there too!

Mom, Dad, and our caddy- Chris.

So THAT weekend made things sink in- yes, you planning a wedding.  It sank even more in when I came home, exhausted, and my handsome, amazing fiance told me I looked beautiful (even thought I had some serious bags under my eyes) told me he was proud of me and let me go to sleep.  I can't wait to have the wedding, but even more I can't wait to marry Danny.

Love you, boo boo!

xoxo
Jza Jza

No comments:

Post a Comment