Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Put-In-Bay girls weekend

This post has taken me so long to write because I am still hung over from this trip... seriously.

So my girlfriends from college do girls weekends a time or two each year and I finally got to attend one this year.  Thanks to Danny for buying my flight to Cleveland for my birthday present, I got to spend a full weekend with some of my favorite ladies from the OH. 

As one of the few that moved away from Ohio, I can't help but feel a little left out.  It is truly hard to find great friends after a certain age.  Although I love my girlfriends here in DC (shout out to Ray Ray, Elizabeth and Leah), it is great to get together with those that know your past and pretend like no time has changed.  That is what this weekend was about...oh and drinking.

Yes, it was a three day drinking-dancing-"swimming" bender. I actually gave up drinking for over a month after this trip- no joke....okay, I had a glass of Veuve this weekend- but really, that is like mother's milk.

I love these 5 girls so much and continually learn and grow from each of them.  They never cease to impress me, but I was able to take away a few amazing things this weekend because of them.  So this blog is an homage to my girls- I love you all!

Stevie- Not only will I always admire Stevie for her anti-sun skin care regimen, I always love how kind and self-less she is.  Stevie is a beautiful woman that sees the best in everyone, even when she may not like you very much :)  She is a person that will give you the truth, but in the nicest possible way.  I had so much fun with her this weekend and admire that she is constantly interested in those around her and making each person feel important and loved.

Emily-  This beautiful lady (she was voted hottest body this weekend) is the most positive person alive.  Emily is just straight up hilarious and sweet.  Like Stevie, she sees the best in any situation and brings light wherever she goes. She is so silly and fun and can make friends with the most random of people.  People are just drawn to her and I certainly can't get enough.

Maria-  Oh man, where do I begin.  One of my best friends forever, Maria is not nice like her sister, Emily.  I have heard multiple times that Maria is the meanest hottest girl people have met.  Maria is not necessarily mean, but a strong, independent woman who speaks her mind- but is so damn adorable when she says it that you can't not like her. Being that confident with my beliefs is something I can learn from Maria.  When we get together, something just clicks- she gives me the confidence I need to feel great and have a great time.  I can talk to Maria about the serious things and then 5 seconds later have the silliest discussion of our lives.  My abs seriously hurt so much from laughing with Maria this weekend and I cherish every second I get to spend with her. 

Anna- This girl has her shiz together.  Even if she doesn't, you would never know because she is so put together.  Beautiful, smart, funny and interesting- Anna is the full package.  If I have a major dilemma, I can go to Anna to talk through it and get a completely objective point of view answer.  We have always had similar interests, opinions and views in life- it is great to have someone to talk through things with and rely on like Anna. She is a special special lady.

Katie-  I learned the most from Katie this weekend.  She is so fun and funny and has the most confidence of anyone I have ever met.  Not only is she not embarrassed to do the things she loves (friendship bracelets at the pool?) she is so confident with her entire self.  I strive to be as happy with myself as Katie is and truly admire her outlook on life and living in the moment.  I am happy to have her among my other girls as great role models in my life.

Now onto the evidence...






They had the same outfit on...minus that dude's huge sweaty stomach...


Molly came to visit! xoxo

We should have had these shirts...

Northern most point?

This makes me laugh every time... haha

2 time champion...

this guy is super creepy.




I love you, girls.  Thank you for an amazing weekend.  I am still smiling!

xoxo,
Jza Jza

No comments:

Post a Comment