Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night....

For some reason, I agreed to go camping this past weekend.  If you know me, I am not really the camping type.  I don't like bugs, I don't like dirt, I don't like the woods and I don't like the dark.  Seriously, The Blair Witch Project scarred me for life and I had to sleep in my parents' room for three nights straight after seeing that movie.  Give me a cabin and a hot tub and that is about as far as I go camping-wise.

Needless to say, our friends, April and Chris, convinced me to go camping this past weekend at The Treehouse Camp. Amy (Bama), my amazing friend from OSU, and her boyfriend, Travis, came to join us on this adventure.  It was Travis' first time camping, but he caught on pretty quickly.  Danny, an eagle scout, went very man in the woods-mode and took over.  Luckily, I could just sit back and try to relax!


Our Treehouse cabin- included 10 wood bunk beds

We were in Blackbird Treehouse
This place was a little odd- it had an 11:00 PM curfew and we almost got thrown out for one person talking.  Also, you couldn't bring in your own firewood.  You had to buy 5 pieces of firewood at the store for $8.00.  I mean, talk about a rip off.  Amy and I wanted to sneak some in and the boys decided to find their own in the woods.
Danny and Travis making firewood without an axe...


It kind of worked...
 As this clearly wasn't going to work for all of our wood, Amy and I went out in search of a gas station to buy some reasonably priced wood.  We couldn't and ended up "borrowing" some from an enormous pile on the side of the highway... we were too nervous to take a picture in the process, but here is what we "found."

Our stolen goods... (just the wood)
Amy (Bama) and Travis

Men being men!

Very manly, Danny!

The extent of my helping...

I was the official pefect marshmallow roaster...

A fine creation

The next morning, we of course had to go to Waffle House at Danny's request.

Danny is so happy right now!
All in all, it was a great weekend.  We got to hang out with our friends from Raleigh and experience the wilderness first hand.  I think I can wait another 10-15 years before I go camping again though!!!

Xoxo,
Jza Jza

1 comment:

  1. Would you like to get more visitors from Washington DC?

    Submit your blog in zeole.com/washington_dc . This is a one time submission. This would automatically submit a preview of your future blog posts in Washington DC, with a link back to your blog.

    Enjoy more traffic from DC :-)

    ReplyDelete